The Efficient Buildings Community has developed a Manifesto for a stronger vision for building-related policies.
Buoyed by their on-the-ground experiences, the public and private stakeholders of the Efficient Buildings Community ask EU decision-makers, EU programme managing authorities and national public authorities in Member States to design policies that consider the following six recommendations.
- Engrave deep renovation of public buildings in National Energy and Climate Plans (NECPs)
- Make sure that 100% of regional and local authorities have a well-working energy management system embedded in their organisational culture
- Tackle skills gap in public authorities and the construction sector
- Facilitate access to adequate funding and finance sources for local and regional public authorities
- Increase the share of RES production and consumption in public buildings
- Massively replicate know-how generated in EU funded projects